If you or someone you know is interested in the Executive Director position at the Denton County Bar Association, please email the current Director at
email@example.com with a resume!
Resumes will only be accepted until December 21st.
Executive Director Qualifications
Management of the strategic and operational responsibility for staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission, under the direction of the Board of Directors. Develop, as needed, deep knowledge of the field, core programs, operations, and business plans to further the efficiency of the DCBA and DCAP programs in Denton County. Coordinate and manage event planning, ongoing continuing education for members and organize social events. Also responsible for home office management, day-to-day scheduling and supervision of staff, payroll, and account reconciliation.
- Strong background in administrative functions, including but not limited to:
- Accounts Reconciliation
- Vendor Management
- Quickbooks knowledge in account balancing, receipts, reimbursements, check writing, invoicing and payroll
- Budget management
- Payroll management
- Calendaring and schedule management for multiple organization calendars
- Board of Directors support (Agenda, Minutes, budget reports)
- Organization wide communications
- Familiarity with invoicing, receiving and balancing payments through Paypal.
- Responsibility with all organizational transactions and cash handling.
- Employee Management. The hiring, scheduling and supervising duties for two part-time front desk assistants
- Basic knowledge of website building and management, including but not limited to:
- Updating of a website calendar, adding new events, modifying and deleting
- Building forms for registration or sponsorship
- Building pages with event or seminar information including the ability to take payment
- Membership profile management
- Day-to-day operations of an appointment-based office (DCAP Mediation Program) with a strong background in the ability to abide and enforce County rules and regulations to uphold the contract standards. Familiarity with the sensitive nature of the mediation process.
- Strong writing skills to assist in the organization wide communication services including but not limited to:
- Welcome letters,
- Every day membership maintenance requests and contacts,
- social media management platforms and,
- email notices of important events through the Mailchimp platform.
- Strong social skills and abilities in event management. Must be able to work with and assist in planning and executing events containing multiple vendors and venues.
- Familiarity with 501c(3) and 501c(6) organizations and their tax status.
- Effective organization and support two non-profit organizations with ongoing events, seminars, committees, trainings and support for county wide initiatives and year-long planning of said events.
- Maintenance of working relationships with County offices such as CPS, CASA, District Attorneys, Denton County Commissioners Court and other court officials.
Management, application execution and maintenance of the Denton County Attorney ID Program.